Something new - Music Mondays

I don't blog enough, this much I know.  In my defense, I'm usually buried in writing fiction, but I should still use this little web-corner more than I do.  (I have also just put up some links of other places to find me, just over there --->.)  But I'm going to start a regular Music Monday post, in addition to whatever random posts pop up in my addled brain.

The "official" playlist for First Novel (otherwise known as Weird Novel) will remain in my pocket for now, as will the playlists I've got for some of the major characters, but my iPod is laden with others that help me get into - and stay in - specific moods for writing.  Most of these *should* be on YouTube, blip, or otherwise available for free web listening.  If you love something, go forth to your retailer of choice.

Just because I'm listening to it as I type this, the first Music Monday is my "Mellow" list.  (Actually one of many that could be described that way.)  Used for getting into that slightly-emo-but-peaceful headspace.  I wouldn't write comedy to it, but you might. :)

Title/Artist:

  • Cold, Kind and Lemon Eyes - Margot & the Nuclear So and So's
  • Falling - Wiretree
  • Before the Great War - Vandaveer
  • Dandelion Days - Adam McHeffey
  • Poison Oak - Bright Eyes
  • Cinder & Smoke - Iron and Wine
  • Temazcal - Monsters of Folk
  • Somebody Loved - The Weepies
  • Heart of Love - Army of Me
  • Let's Dance - M. Ward (Yes, this is a David Bowie cover.  I was skeptical too.)
  • The State I Am In - Belle & Sebastian
  • Holocene - Bon Iver
  • A Bird is a Song - Chris Walla
  • Johnnie - Swear and Shake
  • Love Love Love - The Mountain Goats
  • Poke - Frightened Rabbit
  • After the Storm - Mumford & Sons
Any and all music recs left in the comments will be appreciated.  I feel about new music the way Cookie Monster feels about cookies.

...and now I want a cookie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment