Music Monday is full of luuuurve this week

I was going to celebrate the 80's this week, which probably tells you how much attention I pay to Valentine's Day, but I remembered this morning that it's tomorrow, so here we are.  The following is one of my "Swoons" playlists, which take turns going on repeat when I need characters to look all starry-eyed at each other  Some of these may be a little on the morbid side, but this is, you know, me.


  • The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love 4 (The Drowned):  Random fact: there are 572 songs in my iTunes library with "love" in the title, and this one may be the swooniest.  If "With this long last rush of air/let's speak our vows in starry whisper/and when the waves came crashing down/he closed his eyes and softly kissed her" isn't the prettiest love-lyric ever written, it's close.  
  • Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Brompton Oratory
  • Nick Drake - Northern Sky
  • Ryan Adams - Desire
  • Feist - Secret Heart
  • The Civil Wars - Dance Me to the End of Love (Leonard Cohen cover)
  • The Swell Season - In These Arms
  • Army of Me - Love Song
  • Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life
  • Okkervil River - Mermaid:  Another contender for swooniest lyric.  "My hands meet, and they press to a point in the air/but my mouth fills with more panic than prayer/and my skull fills with more color than care/and my heart fills with love, with too much love to bear."
  • The National - Slow Show
  • Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
  • The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out
  • The Cure - Lovesong
  • Suede - By the Sea
What song makes you swoon?



6 comments:

P.Adams said...

The Blower's Daughter, Damien Rice

Emma Trevayne said...

Oh, GOOD CHOICE.

ICMezzo said...

Hmm. Don't judge, but for super swoony I head to:

Such Great Heights, Postal Service
Unintended, Muse
Day too soon, Sia
Stolen, Dashboard Confessional
Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol
You and I, Wilco
Till Kingdom Come, Coldplay
Falling Slowly, Swell Season

I like your list. Though there are a few I don't (yet) know! *runs off to track them down*

Emma Trevayne said...

Good list! I'm only judging you for the Coldplay. ;) I love (and own all of) the rest.

ICMezzo said...

Ha! That's the only song I like of theirs. I swear! :)

Unknown said...

Oooh... Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice... haven't heard it in years... love that song.

Post a Comment